Back on the Road! Asics Running Shoes Review
Hello Fitness Lovers,
Hope you guys are you on fire putting all your blood, sweat and tears on meeting those sexy goals you set in the beginning of the year? May the momentum you gained with the kick-start take you till the end. And all my friends who are yet to get out of the holiday mood after Christmas – Hello !!! it’s almost time to get your Valentines gift get ready, so buckle down and get your asses on the track.
For those who are wondering as to where on earth did I go missing after my grant entrance into the world of fitness with my Triple Banana BlastTweet This, I have a confession to make. Although I want fitness to be a major part of my 2015, I have never been a fitness freak, I am a beginner, still battling with my lack of enthusiasm when it comes to getting into a workout regime. So, if you are someone like me, at this level, then this is going to be great place for you, baby steps are always cute to watch and inspiring, aren’t they? On the other hand, if you happen to be a fitness guru, then I am sorry my friend, it’s going to be a bit of a bland read for you; but you can explore other areas where you will find sassily written posts on Living A Passionate Life, Happiness and Self-love.
If you dint know, I injured my knees in December and had to stay off the roads for a while. So this time I decided to get a bit more smart about it and got a good running shoes. Rule #1: If you are a novice to running – it is crucial to get the right shoes to avoid any injuries. I know I’m getting to the basics here, but I don’t want you to make the mistake I made. Rule #2 – it’s not how pretty the shoes looks but how comfortable you feel in them, trust me its very important. You can always buy those sexy looking heels for occasions other than running.
I am famous for being indecisive, well let me put it this way – I like to make sure that I make the right pick especially when I am shelling loads of bucks on it. So, after spending a good three to four hours trying different shops and brands I fixed my mind on Asics Gel-Kayano 21.
I am not going to go deep into the product features since there are tons on articles available online. Also I don’t think at this point I am the best person to talk about the features because this is my first good running shoes, so I don’t really have a good base to compare it against something I had before. You can find the product features and specifications here in their official website or here. What I am going to focus is on the feel factor.
- Gel Cushioning: I really liked the superior feeling rear-foot and forefoot GEL cushioning specially designed to manage shocks during impact and toe-off phases. I did not want to feel like I was walking on a pavement barefoot, so if a good cushioning experience is what you are after, then I promise this one is right for you.
- Bounce: The midsole structure and ComforDry X-40 sockliner worked like magic in giving me that extra springy feel I was looking for in a shoes. I think this is important if you want to feel the momentum, which means, it will help you go that extra mile.
- Heel Clutching System: The dual heel construction which is specially designed to anchor the inner heel padding provides the required support and good fit around the heel which controls pronation. I was told that I am an overpronator, hence this was recommended as the best model for me. If you fall under the same category as I am, then baby this one is ideal for you.
- Good traction: Yesterday I was running in my nearby park and as you know winter leaves the surface wet and slippery. I was a bit careful in the beginning but soon felt comfortable to pace up because of the super high traction sole. I honeslty give a 5 star for the firm grip and the safety feel of it.
- No blisters: I used to think it’s quite normal and acceptable to get blisters form any new shoes, but not anymore after wearing these ones. I was absolutely blister free after my first run, which definitely scores some brownie points.
Things I did not love about the product
- Heavy: I found this shoes a bit heavy compared to my old Reebok, which can be attributable to the extra padding and support system built it to prevent pronation. In my opinion Kayano 21’s is best for longer distance but at slower pace runs.
- Colour Choice: Being a girl, I feel best when I can pick the best fit that comes in my favourite colour. I feel there weren’t enough choices to pick from, but I picked it based on my rule Rule #2 above
As you can see overall I had a positive experience with my new shoes, however, I have run only a few times in it, so if there are any changes to what I think or feel, I will come back with more updates. Hope you find my first review helpful and interesting. That’s all for now guys.
Model: Gel-Kayano 21 T4H7N
Bye… Stay Happy… Love…