2015 New Year Goals & Resolutions! Time to be Reborn!
Oh lord, end of another epic year. How excited are you ? I am beaming with excitement to embrace all the beautiful surprises, adventures and great opportunities 2015 has in store for me. So, how has 2014 treated you peeps? Hope this year has been benevolent so far. I must say 2014 has been immensely eventful for me with all the unexpected things that has happened so far from entering this exciting happiness project (which is still going on by the way), finishing my first full Marathon, climbing my first mountain, confession in St Peter’s Basilica (Oh yeah, I am close to being proclaimed a saint) and lets not forget the big one – launching my blog which was one of my biggest dreams. Let me suffice it to say – this year has been incredibly remarkable for me and has flow by in the blink of an eye and I am all set to greet my glaring 2015.
And when I do it I do it I do it in my own style. Woo la la, I know that sounds a bit wooooo, haha, I’m just happy. I have felt never felt this geared up in welcoming a New Year ever before.
Here we are only a few days away from 2015 and I can already see the light of New Year coming into my life, intoxicating me with its magical powers of infusing people across the global with new hopes, aspirations and positive energy. I can’t think of a better time than this for setting my new year resolutions and goals. What say people ? shouldn’t I be diving into it whilst the magic is still in the air ?
Honestly speaking most of what happened in 2014 was not planned but it has given me a clear vision of what I want for my 2015. If you have not read my monthly post Hello December, my biggest exercise for this month was to take time to reflect on all the good things that happened this year by creating a video clipping of 2014. Oh baby, it was such an incredible feeling just collating all my special moments (if you have not done it, it’s never too late). Also, it made me realised that a lots of the things actually happened as a result of my own actions, I was the driving force for making things happen. Now looking back I feel I could have achieved a lot more if I had a better vision, goals and a proper plan. So this year I have decided to take time to set some SMART goals that align with my vision for 2015 along with my New Year resolutions.
Just in case if you are unaware of the term SMART goals, here we go, let me simplify that for you. It is a goal that is
Goals are different from resolutions. Let me explain as to what I mean – You can have a new year resolution to “start saving”, that is, something you resolve to do forever; but the same will be considered a SMART goal if you are more specific – something like this – in the next twelve months I will save £4,800 by saving £400 per months, this sounds realistic, attainable and measurable with a dead line. Hope I have made sense. I did a lot of reading before setting my goals & resolutions and have used this article by Gretchen Rubin by as my guide. Its a good read and hope it will help you guys as well.
My Primary Goals for 2015
- Seek Happiness in everyday life: 2015 is going to be a year where I want to focus on my happiness above all.
- Attain the financial Abundance: to be able to live the life style my heart desires.
- Celebrate Love: I want to celebrate and appreciate the love I feel around me.
My SMART Goals for 2015
- Run a Marathon: I’m pleased as punch for completing my first full Marathon, but you all know it was a walking one, I could never run because of my asthma, but towards the end of 2014 I started running, slow as a snail but hey, we have all heard of the rabbit & turtle story, haven’t we? Keeping that in mind I have decide to give it a try. Before the year ends I want to run a Marathon. I’m thinking of a 5k race, baby steps is the key.
- Read 6 books: I was always ashamed of the fact that I never read any classic novels or famous books. This year I want to get into this new habit of reading, Now that I am writing, the more I read, the better for me. I think its reasonable to finish one book in two months.
- Travel: One of my major focus for 2015 is going to be “Saving big time”, as mentioned before; when you set goals; they should always align with your vision. So, I need to come up with my travel plans keeping in mind of my primary goals. I aim to travel at leat thrice this year, every four months which ain’t that bad.
- Climb a mountain: The kind of happiness I experience when I stood at the tip of Snowdon is inexplicable. I want to feel that again.
- Learn a Language: I made a good start in 2014 but it was a very informal way of learning a language, so I need to complete at-least my level one in French.
- Write on a more frequent basis: At the moment I write one post every month, where I come back to review on how I am progressing against my goals and few other sporadic articles. I want to start writing more frequently and periodically.
- Drink 2 litres of water per day: I know this sounds a bit silly, but I’m damn serious here, there are days when I hardly drink any water. Although I understand how important it is for a person’s health I simply forget to drink water and this is something I need to tackle.
- Get back to my dress size: I have grown two sizes bigger than I was in the beginning of 2014. I perfectly go my accepting my body as it is and loving all my curves and imperfections; but I feel ready to take up a new challenge, which is getting back to my old size. Two dress sizes down. I want to get more into fitness and I think this tiny challenge will serve as a great start. I’m excited !
- Network: Ever since I started my blog, I have been thinking of going for networking events where I meet established bloggers, but the procrastinator in me took lead, I never made it to even one event in 2014. You are all aware of the negative talks that hold a person back. I was terrified to go out and meet other established and successful writers or even present my work in front of others; but won’t be any longer. It is time that I pull my sock up and face my demons.
- Complete a 31 days of Self-Love Challenge before the 2015 ends.
- I resolve to religiously practice the habit of writing gratitude journal
- I resolve to treat myself with the love I expect from others
- I resolve to seek happiness in my life
- I resolve to get into the habit of working out 4 times a week
- I resolve to eat healthy
- I resolve to stay in good shape
- I resolve to dress more in style
- I resolve to appreciate the people in my life
- I resolve to cut down on my spending habits and start saving this year
- I resolve to worry less
Gosh, this turned out to be a lot longer post than what I expected. Thanks for staying till the end and by the way I’m secretly glad that I got you hooked to my goals and resolutions :-p . Hope this inspires you to come up with your own Goals & Resolutions for 2015. Here are 10 Resolution Ideas for Creating Your Fabulous 2015. Stay tuned for my 7 Powerful Tips For Setting Your New Year Goals That Will Stick on its way. A brief good-bye till I get back again.
Bye… Stay Happy… Love…